The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) will lead an Outward Trade and Investment Mission (OTIM) to Mozambique 25 to 29 November. The deadline for submission of applications forms is 22 September 2019.
The targeted sectors for this mission include:
• Agriculture and agro-processing;
• Natural gas sector;
• Mining sector; and
• Transport and communication infrastructure.
The specific focus of the mission will be on designated industrial and infrastructure projects as envisaged in the Memorandum of Understanding on Economic Cooperation between the two countries, such as:
• The Mozambique and Rovuma LNG projects in the Northern Cabo Delgado Province;
• Electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems;
• Water supply systems;
• Transport infrastructure - ports, rail and roads; and
• Industrial development parks and zones (Palma/Pemba and Tete).
Story by: Riaan de Lange