Angolan agro-processing project ups its sugar production levels

Biocom produces about 25% of Angola’s total sugar production.

Angolan bioenergy company Biocom is set to up its production of sugar from 73 000 tonnes to 100 000 tonnes this year, according to its deputy director general, Luís Júnior.

He said in a statement that the company had increased its production every year since it had started operations in 2014.

Located in Cacuso, Biocom is one of the largest Angolan agro-industrial projects, led by Brazilian group Odebrecht, which owns 40% of the company. The remaining 60% is shared between the privately owned Cochan (with 40%) and Angola’s state-owned oil company Sonangol, with a 20% share.

More News